Thursday, August 19, 2010

Girl's Day Out

(c) 2010, Angela Dawn Photography

My mom and dad rented a cottage at Grand Haven State Park for the week, so yesterday we had a girls day - just Mom, my daughter, Angela, and me.

We walked down to the beach and put our toes in the water.  It was cold - 69 degrees according to the sign at the entrance.  But after standing in it for awhile it wasn't so bad. 

The waves were of decent size so there was a yellow flag to warn beach goers to beware, but it made for some great pictures.

We walked out to the end of the pier and watched some men fishing.  Angela got some great shots of tall waves crashing the pier.  My favorite was of a young girl looking up to see the water as it splashed above her.

We went downtown for lunch to the Kirby Grill.  I had an organic greens salad with radishes, sprouts, and cheese.  I wish I had paid better attention to what the cheese was, it was really good. 

It was a perfect day for being outside and for all the walking we did, but I was really tired at night.  Who knew fresh air, sunshine and relaxing could wear a person out?!