Friday, November 6, 2015

Take Time: Be Thankful

Photo: petradr

It’s November already! When did this happen? 

Because of Thanksgiving, November is always a month to think about how we can be thankful.

As we now enter the holiday season, take time to think about where you can be thankful. Maybe it’s been a great year with lots of positive things happening and thankfulness comes easy for you.

Maybe it’s been a hard year with heartbreak and being thankful takes more effort.

Either way, take time to write down the things you are thankful for and rejoice that whether in easy or hard times, God is always good and He is always faithful, and you have more blessings than you realize.

Here are a few things I’m thankful for this year:

  • My new granddaughter, arriving on-scene July 12!
  • My daughter who is an amazing mom so far.
  • My son-in-law who takes good care of his wife and baby.
  • My son who is doing great while away at school. (And grateful he’s close enough to come home every couple of weeks!)
  • My husband who works hard to provide for all of us.
  • My friends who are always there for me, in hard, frustrating times and the joyful, exciting ones.
  • Pastors who support me and encourage me to chase my dreams.
  • You, my faithful, encouraging readers who have become friends in this little community.
  • All of my needs are met. 
  • I’m thankful for the ability to see, walk, breathe, hear, drive, eat and a thousand other little things we take for granted every day. Because we’re healthy!
  • And I’m thankful for coffee, cheesecake and Quincy M.E.!

My list could go on and on, but I’ll spare you too much boredom. I’d love to hear what’s good in your life this year! What are you thankful for?

Share below what you are thankful for this thanksgiving season. Or share via Twitter and Facebook.

Don't forget to help my team with The Hope Effect! Less stuff for you, more love for orphans! Read more about it here and here.