Thursday, August 26, 2010

Review: The Dream Giver

While adding more resources to my site today I came across an old book that I kept notes in while reading, “The Dream Giver” by Bruce Wilkinson. I read the book a few years ago and sighed all the way through it. It’s a great book, a quick, easy read and very encouraging, but I just didn’t know what my Big Dream was. I didn’t know my purpose in life or what God had called me to do.

Now that I’m a student at Integrative Nutrition, it blows me away to read some of the notes I wrote:

     *I can fulfill a Big Need that God cares deeply about.
       Nobody can do it quite like me.

     *Our dream is already who we are.

     *What did I want to be when I grew up? (Teacher)
       Think about what that meant to me then and what
       that can reveal about my real interests and
       motivations now. (Don’t settle for just the
       job description.)

     *What have I always been good at? What needs do I
       care about most? What makes me feel
       most fulfilled?

     *God’s motive and plan in the Waste Land is to
       prepare you to become the person who can
       succeed at your Dream.

     *Reach for your new life with confidence.

     *And the kicker: If you don’t pursue your
      Dream, something important won’t
      happen.

If you’re searching for your Big Dream, don’t give up. You may not even know what that dream is yet, but you’ll know it when it happens. And it will feel so right!

Keep dreaming!

What Big Dreams do you have?  What's stopping you from going after them?