This is the ultimate convenience food. Honestly, back in the day I spent more time making Hamburger Helper and cleaning up than what I spend on this. In the time it takes to heat the oven I can have the chicken prepped and the veggies cut and ready to go. Then I have 25 minutes to read a book, take a walk, Twitter, or do whatever needs to be done. Clean up? Just take the tin foil off the pan and throw it away. The only dirty dishes you'll have will be the knife used for chopping veggies, plates and forks!
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Line a large baking sheet with tin foil for easy clean up.
Cover chicken with generous drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
Roasted Veggies: Chop your favorites in large chunks, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder: zucchini, yellow squash, red/green/yellow/orange peppers, chunky onion slices, broccoli chunks, cauliflower chunks, baby carrots. Watch the veggies, some don’t need to roast as long as others (and really could be added half way through baking). (Add a salad too!)
Here are some of the spice combinations I use most often:
• Chipotle Seasoning and Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
(opt, but brings heat!)
• Fajita Seasoning (I also use with dried cilantro)
• Cumin and Chili Powder (opt, squeeze with fresh
lime juice after baking) Great for chicken burritos!
• Oregano and Basil (or Italian Seasoning)
• California-Mexican Blend Seasoning (Found at World Market)
• Greek Mediterranean Blend Seasoning (Found at World Market)
• Montreal Steak Seasoning (then use less salt above)
What is your favorite healthy convenience food?