Friday, October 8, 2010

The Breakfast Experiment - Day 5 (Fruit)

(c) 2010, Kathy Fannon

As you can see, lots of fresh fruit for me this morning!  Pineapple, Kiwi, Banana, Peaches (from my freezer) and a small pear coated with 1/4t of cinnamon and heated for 30 seconds in the microwave.

I was a little concerned about the sugar content of this breakfast.  Even though it's fruit, it can still wreak havoc with insulin levels.  I didn't want to spike and crash.  I was also afraid that I would feel stuffed or bloated after eating this much fruit.  (The amount was self-imposed, as the experiment just said, "Fruit".)

I sat down at 7:45 and spent 20 minutes eating (and 'chair dancing' to my 80s playlist today).  I was full but not stuffed, and amazingly I didn't feel bloated from all that fruit.  I felt energetic and ready to go!  I think there was also a happy mental component to starting the day with another healthy breakfast!

I noticed the time at 10:00, more than 2 hours later.  I was not hungry and had no cravings.  I was still energetic and alert and felt great.  Although I did grab a handful of almonds, just because it was time.

Fruit for breakfast = great!

What way do you like to incorporate fruit into your morning routine?

Note: Saturday I'll be busy from sun up to sun down, so while I will continue with the experiment there will be no report until Sunday or Monday.