Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Happy Place


I have a few happy places, and most of them are in Holland. Unfortunately, I no longer live in Holland, but I do live close enough to go there...often!


Holland Happy Places include: DowntownKollen ParkHolland Farmers MarketNew Holland Brewing Company, Mom & Dad's House, and more.


One of the benefits of having older kids (22 and almost 18) is that we can take off for dates whenever we feel like, or when both kids are gone doing their own thing. Last night was one of those nights.


My husband and I went to New Holland Brewing Company for dinner. Twelve bucks gets us a small pizza to split and the tip. Can't go wrong with that. Best pizza on the planet, Primo Pesto Pizza!


We finished our dinner with about T-minus 20 minutes to sunset, so we went to Kollen Park to watch it.


Here are a couple of pictures I took with my phone camera. 


Sunset at Kollen Park 


Just after sunset


Part of health is self-care, and this was taking care of myself along with my relationship with my husband. No children, tv, dogs, newspapers or noise to distract us. Just a great dinner and a beautiful sunset!

What do you do to take care of yourself? Where is your happy place? Do you get there often?



Read my next post: God's Favor = Free Apples
Read my previous post: Why You Don't Want to Be Like Her