Monday, June 17, 2013

Rosemary Brown Rice

(c) 6/17/13, K. Fannon (The pecans look like bacon, but they're not. Although, that could be good too if you like bacon!)

Monday nights in the summer we enjoy Jazz at the Zoo, a free concert series.

Once a month our group has a potluck. This morning when I stopped at the grocery store I remembered I need to bring something, so in my mind I quick whipped something together and bought the ingredients. It was very easy to make and only cost around $6. This is definitely a recipe I want to make again, and would even make a great lunch for work!

Rosemary Brown Rice

  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice (soaked)
  • 1 T fresh rosemary (do not skimp on this one, trust me), chopped
  • 1/2 cup pecan pieces (or chopped)
  • 1/2 pound mushrooms (I used baby bella)

Cook rice according to directions; add rosemary and pecans during the last 5 minutes.

Set aside to cool (which will help the stickiness) and sauté' the mushrooms.

Saute' mushrooms in a little olive oil until they start to turn brown; add to the rice mixture.

This is a great dish because it can sit out and there won't be concern regarding spoilage.

I also think sautéing a little red onion with this would be good. I'll try that next time!

Read my previous post: Review: Cafe Fresh
Read my next post: Cleaning My Closet: A Spiritual Lesson