Friday, April 4, 2014

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing

(c) Kathy Fannon

I'm so ready for summer salads with fresh, local ingredients from my farmer's market. I was craving salad earlier this week when I remembered this recipe I pinned on Pinterest. It was so delicious I want to share it with you.

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing from Damn Delicious.

It has a simple ingredient list and was fairly quick to put together. Chung-Ah (the writer of the blog) lists prep time as 15 minutes; I think it took me closer to 25. But now that I've made the dressing and have a better feel for the recipe, I'm confident I'll do it quicker next time.

She says this serves 2, although I got 3 servings out of it, with enough dressing and ingredients left over to make a 4th.

Salad Ingredients:
Romain Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes
Corn
Black Beans
Avocado
Cilantro
Tortilla Strips

Dressing Ingredients:
Greek Yogurt
Lime Juice
Cilantro
Garlic
Salt
Olive Oil
Vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)

I'm pretty much a vegetarian, but live with men who like meat. This salad would be awesome with some grilled chicken added. Bell peppers would also be fabulous with this salad.

Do you have a favorite summer salad that you're looking forward to? It won't be long now!

For more pictures and the recipe, click here. Or click here to visit Chung-Ah's Damn Delicious blog.

Read my previous post: Vegetable Lasagne
Read my next post: Bringing My Sexy Back