Friday, December 19, 2014

Laugh


A joyful heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

We take life too seriously. There are so many pressures and demands on our time that we forget to take time to laugh. But laughter is, well...a good medicine.

Health Benefits of Laughter
  • boosts your immune system
  • stimulates and improves circulation
  • reduces stress-related hormones
  • elevates pain threshold and tolerance
  • burns calories
  • lowers blood pressure
  • increases virus-killing cells
  • enhances mental function
  • helps put you in a good mood

Beth Buczinski says, "The best quality laughter happens in the company of others. Go forth, and make someone laugh today!"

Laughter isn't just about jokes and funny stories. One researcher noted why and how often people laughed while eavesdropping at a mall. Less than 20% of laughter followed a joke or humorous story. Most laughter took place as people were greeting one another or saying goodbye. (velutions.com) 

Put yourself in social situations where laughter is guaranteed.

I have a friend who likes to practice laughing. He just starts laughing and pretty soon everybody in the room is laughing, and some don't even know why. That's a fun way to live!

We're so busy with our long to-do lists. We’re focused on getting the next task done so we can "enjoy" ourselves before moving on to the new task. But take a minute and laugh.

Obviously, laughter is better shared with a friend, but maybe this will help get you started! 

I saw this poor pooch in Weather Channel's Jim Cantore's Twitter feed a few weeks ago. The more I look at it the funnier it is! 
(I could not figure out who took the original picture, but if anybody knows I'd love to give them the credit!)

Right?! [from imgur.com]

We all need a Carlos! [from Pinterest]

Baby Teeth!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." Anonymous

Just...funny!

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I got out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three." Elaine Boosler

Handstand Pug

Don't Get A Divorce, Get A Donut [Rhett and Link]

Happy by Pharrell
Since I can only embed two videos, you're on your own to click the link to watch this one. So, quick dance party before you go! Bonus points for dancing with a friend. I'm pretty sure you'll laugh at your crazy selves! (At the very least you'll feel a little more energized if you have to dance alone! But dance!)

Your turn: what pictures, videos or quotes do you find funny? Please share in the comment section or tweet me!

Read my previous post: Lift Up Your Face and Live Life