Friday, August 26, 2016

Free Music for You!

Photo: The Clearing, Philip Stephen Allen

“These are great popsicles! What flavor did you get?”

“I’m not sure. It’s orange, but doesn’t taste like orange. The flavor is familiar but I can’t put my finger on it.”

“Cantaloupe?”

“Yeah, that’s it!”

Thus began my relationship with Philip Stephen Allen, during a popsicle break at the Tribe Writers Conference in Nashville last August.

My favorite questions to ask all weekend were, “Where are you from?” and “What do you write?”

I asked Philip where he was from and what he wrote, and from there we twisted into a discussion of music. (I later thanked my son for teaching me about movie and video game soundtracks because I was able to carry on an intelligent conversation! I was even able to suggest music Philip hadn’t heard of. Winning!)

Philip told me a story of his step-daughter, Chloe; it’s one I will never forget. Because he is a musician and has a sound studio in his home, he was able to adjust the voice of this special needs young lady and made her sound amazingly beautiful! (Read her story and listen to her song here: Fixing Chloe)

When I got back to my hotel room that night, I checked out Philip’s music and loved it. When I complimented him the next day, he was kind enough to send a link so I could download it!

Philip’s instrumental, ambient compositions are calming, peaceful and are great to listen to on the way home from work when I’m stuck in traffic, it’s nice background music at dinner time, it’s perfect for listening to through earbuds at bedtime, really, it’s great to listen to any time!

Philip and I have stayed in touch since the Tribe Writers Conference. Because my husband and I love his music so much I asked him if he would be willing to share it with you, my fabulous friends, and he has agreed. 

You guys, I am SO excited about this!

You can check out the recently remastered album here: The Clearing

To download your free copy, send me an email and let me know you want it and I will send a unique code with the link to redeem it.

In his email to me Philip said, “I hope your whole list grabs a copy.”

Yes! Me too! Do not miss this!

And if you love it as much as I do, or even if you just find it mildly enjoyable, please contact Philip to thank him and connect with him. I know he'd love to hear from you.

Connect with Philip:
Twitter: PSACreates
SoundCloud: Philip Stephen Allen (to hear his works in progress)