(c) 2009, Kathy Fannon
- Chicken, marinated in olive oil, lemon (or lime) juice, garlic, salt and pepper; grilled or baked
- Mixed Greens (Spring Mix or Baby Lettuces)
- Avocado, sliced, sprinkled with salt
- Tomato, diced, sprinkled with salt
- Red Onion slices
- Bacon (Oscar Mayer Pieces, heated in pan works great!)
- Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 4-Cheese Mexican blend or Mozzarella, shredded
- Hard-boiled egg (one per person), quartered lengthwise, sprinkled with salt
- Dressing of choice (Ranch is good)
Marinate chicken for at least one hour.
Grill to desired doneness, or bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Per person, place mixed greens on a plate and top – in rows – with the rest of the vegetables, cheese, egg and dressing.
Slice chicken and add to top of salad.
Prep is done while the chicken bakes. Easy!
What summer food do you miss?