Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Applesauce Yogurt


Have you ever had yogurt with apples? Not me. Until a fall Sunday afternoon when I "stole" a creativity idea from Brittany of Eating Bird Food and created my own yogurt flavor. (I'm anxious to try her pumpkin yogurt now that I have pumpkins to roast.)

I'd call it a success.

Here's how I did it...and so can you!

A plop of plain Greek yogurt, about 2 heaping tablespoons (from my silverware drawer), maybe a tad more. A small squirt of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. (You can use more, but since I was experimenting I didn't want to make too much...just in case.)


A plop of my homemade baked applesauce, about a heaping teaspoon (again, from my silverware drawer - don't over-think it). I also added a little Apple Crisp Granola from Good Life Granola for some substance. 


I mixed this together after I took the picture and it was fabulous! 

There was no refined sugar, or added colors, preservatives or chemicals, and the flavors were amazing!

Yes, I added honey to sweeten up the yogurt just a little (I'm still working on liking plain yogurt), but it's raw and unfiltered which makes it beneficial for health.

You don't have to make your own applesauce, but if you buy it in a jar be sure to watch out for high fructose corn syrup on the label.

What creative ways have you come up with to use plain yogurt? Are you willing to experiment?

Read my previous post: Baked Applesauce


If you like this recipe, please consider sharing it with your friends, using the buttons below. Thank you!