Photo: Glen Carrie
We get so busy with life that we forget to celebrate the little things God does that happen every day.
We often become negative and bitter because amazing things don't happen to us - we don't get the promotion, we haven't lost 50 pounds, we can't afford a new car, we feel sick and tired all the time.
Maybe you just struggle because your life seems too boring - there's nothing exciting about getting up, going to your job, coming home for dinner, then going to bed.
But I want to challenge you to notice the little things God does for you in the mundane, everyday life you live. There are so many that pass by and we miss them because we're trying to see a big picture and dreaming of what may never happen!
Grab a journal, a spiral notebook or your favorite writing app, and start to make a list of all the little things God does for you today. Add them up at the end of the day and see the big win!
- The green light when you were running a little late.
- The sale price on an item you wanted to purchase.
- Your choice to eat a salad when you really wanted french fries.
- A sunny, warm day.
- A favorite song playing at the grocery store.
- The "hot" cars that are out for the summer. (Especially a black '69 Camaro for me!)
- The little girl enjoying the ducks on the water.
- A puppy who licks your face in greeting when you come home.
- The gas price that dropped before you pulled into the gas station.
- The relaxing, steady rain.
- A friend who stops by unexpectedly.
- A smile from a stranger.
- A bouquet of dandelions from your children or grandchildren.
- A rerun of your favorite episode from a tv show you watch.
- Pizza with the neighbors.
- Beautiful artwork in a public space.
- The smell of flowers.
There are so many ways that we can celebrate God's blessings in our lives, but we have to pay attention and look for them! It's a choice we make, a conscious decision. Life is too short to be upset by what isn't; rejoice in what is!
How has God blessed you today? I'd love to hear it!