Friday, July 10, 2015

Why My Unborn Granddaughter Is Like Jesus

Jesus by Akiane Kramarik


When a pregnant woman is about to give birth, we know the baby is coming because we can see the signs. We also know that Jesus is coming because we can see the signs. 

While our spiritual walk with God is as important to health as the food we eat, I don't do a lot of evangelizing on my blog. I'm not one of those people who feels compelled to shout salvation from the rooftops, but I'm grateful for the ones who are.

Nearing the birth of my granddaughter I see some obvious correlation between a woman about to give birth and Jesus' return to earth. 

Looking at my 38-week pregnant daughter, there's no doubt the time is short before the arrival of my granddaughter, whom I've been calling princess since I knew her gender. 

I can see my daughter's discomfort. She's got swollen feet and hands. She's having trouble reaching the sink to rinse dishes. It’s work to walk. She's not sleeping well. And recently pre-labor contractions have started. She’s having trouble functioning.

We don't know the day or the hour, but the arrival of the Princess is close! Now is the time to get last minute preparations ready!

Likewise, we can see what's going on in the world with all the turmoil, divisions, fighting, economic problems, tensions, earthquakes, strange weather, etc. Like my daughter, the world is having trouble functioning. 

Matthew, the tax collector, records Jesus as saying this:

You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars…for nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.  [Matthew 24:6-8 NASB]

Dr. Luke records Jesus as saying this:

There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. [Luke21:25-28 NASB]

We don't know the day or the hour, but the arrival of the Prince - the Prince of Peace, the King of kings - is close! There’s no time to waste getting ready!

I love you my friends, and I don't want you to be separated from God forever. I'm fully aware that not all of my readers are Christian or even believe in God. But I want you to know there IS a God, He's real and He loves you. He doesn't want to be separated from you forever. But the choice is up to you. 

It's easy to ask Jesus to come into your life and help you. Whether you carry burdens and pain, or life is generally good, God wants to be a part of it with you. The God of the universe wants to be your friend! How crazy is that?!

You can talk to Jesus like this:
Jesus, I'm sorry for ignoring you and not making you a priority in my life. I give up control of my life and ask you to help me, guide me and direct me in all I do. Come into my heart, be my friend and be my God. Amen.

That's it! Now keep watching those signs of the times, because it won't be long before Jesus arrives to take us home!

And it won't be long before my Princess arrives and steals my heart!

Did you ask Jesus to be your friend just now? Do you want to talk to me about it? Please email me and I’ll help you know what to do next. 


Wait, before you go, I had this thought. Do you feel like your past is so bad that God couldn’t love you? By any chance are you feeling unworthy of asking Jesus to be your friend? Oh, sweetness, He loves you more than anything you could ever say or do, no matter what! Seriously, email me and let me encourage you. We’ll do it in private where nobody has to know anything. You are loved!

UPDATE: Adia arrived on July 12 at 7:11 am, and naturally is the most beautiful granddaughter on the planet!

Read my previous post: Take Time: Make Memories