Rain out my back slider today. (c) 9/26/11, Kathy Fannon
It's raining today where I live so I've decided to spend the day working in the kitchen. Since I don't have time to write out the thoughts I have for a blog post I thought I'd share with you what I'm doing while my pumpkins roast.
- Roasting Pumpkins: I'll use these for my Pumpkin Oatmeal for the winter and a few batches of Pumpkin Chip Muffins to put in the freezer.
- I also realize I need to redo a post on roasting pumpkins. Oops. Maybe in the next few weeks, but you'll still learn how here.
- I've rinsed the pumpkin seeds so I can dry them on my cookie sheets (when the pumpkin is done roasting) and roast them for a healthy snack!
- Here are some more pumpkin ideas if you want them!
- Baking chicken so I can make Burritos in the Buff for dinner tonight, which happens to be my most popular post of all time!
- I've got brown rice soaking so I can cook that ahead for dinner tonight as well.
- Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Lime juice, fresh squeezed of course
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Garlic, minced (if you want...I think I'm going to leave it out this time around)
Normally I'd like this to sit in the fridge for at least a day, but I don't have time for that since I decided this morning what to make for supper. But homemade with tomatoes and onions from the farmers market will still be fabulous!
I think that's all I'll be doing this afternoon. Is that enough?
What's on your agenda for today? What is your favorite way to spend a rainy fall afternoon?
Read my previous post: Happy Birthday to My Son!
Read my next post: Think Small