Monday, September 26, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Rain out my back slider today. (c) 9/26/11, Kathy Fannon

It's raining today where I live so I've decided to spend the day working in the kitchen. Since I don't have time to write out the thoughts I have for a blog post I thought I'd share with you what I'm doing while my pumpkins roast.





  • I've rinsed the pumpkin seeds so I can dry them on my cookie sheets (when the pumpkin is done roasting) and roast them for a healthy snack!


  • Here are some more pumpkin ideas if you want them!




  • I've got brown rice soaking so I can cook that ahead for dinner tonight as well.
I'm also going to make salsa as soon as I'm done with this post to have with our Burritos in the Buff. Here's how I'm going to do it:

Salsa:

  • Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • Onion, chopped
  • Lime juice, fresh squeezed of course
  • Cilantro, chopped
  • Salt to taste
  • Garlic, minced (if you want...I think I'm going to leave it out this time around)

Normally I'd like this to sit in the fridge for at least a day, but I don't have time for that since I decided this morning what to make for supper. But homemade with tomatoes and onions from the farmers market will still be fabulous!

I think that's all I'll be doing this afternoon. Is that enough?

What's on your agenda for today? What is your favorite way to spend a rainy fall afternoon?


Read my previous post: Happy Birthday to My Son!
Read my next post: Think Small