Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Zucchini-Bean Omelet

I was so excited to see the baby squash and zucchini at my farmer's market on Saturday! I love these little ones to use in my omelets.

So here was my lunch this afternoon, zucchini-bean omelet.


Photos (c) 2011, Kathy Fannon
(Click on image to enlarge)

One baby zucchini, sliced
One baby yellow squash, sliced
8 green beans, stem end snapped off, broken into bite-size pieces
One small Yukon Gold potato, cut into small pieces
Onion, sliced or thick chopped

Start sautéing potatoes in 1 generous tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.

Add onion, beans, squash and zucchini. sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and seasoning of your choice. (I used Herbes de Provence today.)

Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.

While veggies cook, mix 1 teaspoon water with each egg used. (I used 2 eggs.) Add salt, pepper and seasonings to the eggs.

Add the eggs to the veggie mixture (I also added a little nutritional yeast) and just a pinch or two of fresh grated Parmesan.

Cook until eggs set and turn onto plate!

What do you like in your omelet?


You may also enjoy Veggie Overload Omelet