Friday, May 2, 2014

Noodles and Company: Backyard Barbecue Chicken Salad


Since I'm on a quest to bring my sexy back, I had this fabulous salad from Noodles & Company last week. I believe the sign on their window said something about celebrating our survival of winter. (Awesome marketing!)

I'm now addicted.

The Backyard Barbecue Chicken Salad comes with mixed greens, Roma tomatoes, red cabbage, barbecue chicken breast and look at that, corn cut right off the cob! Since asparagus is in season, I added asparagus to my salad, which is topped with coleslaw dressing. I'm in love!

My husband tried their new seasonal Asparagus Di Parma and loved it. Spaghetti with mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus in a white wine butter sauce, served with a lemon wedge and topped with parmesan cheese and parmesan chicken. Also a winner!

I love that Noodles & Company has a huge variety of vegetables to add to any of their dishes: broccoli, peppers, cabbage, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, carrots, onions and sprouts and more.

They also have gluten-free items, so you don't have to miss out on the deliciousness of Noodles & Company.

I had my weigh-in at Doc's yesterday. I'm down two pounds and my muscle mass is up 2%! He said if my muscle mass hadn't gone up I would've lost six pounds, so he was very proud of what I accomplished these past three weeks.

I'm surprised by the change. I only walked 3 times last week, and lifted my 5# weights maybe 40% - 50% of the time. So with very little effort I saw great results. This has spurred me on to really get serious with my exercise routine.

But I don't want to minimize the role the vegetables play either. I ate a lot more vegetables and fruit than I have this past year, cut out the cheeseburgs and french fries, cut back on my gluten intake (mostly just through cutting back on grains) and watched my dairy intake.

All of these factors combined added up to some happy results. So now it's game on!

You may also enjoy:
Homemade Noodles & Company
Free Noodles & Company
Noodles & Company (Again)

Read my previous post: Bringing My Sexy Back
Read my next post: 10,000 Step Challenge